See how Tems stopped producers from hitting on her body - Music Blog NG

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

See how Tems stopped producers from hitting on her body

Grammy award-winning Nigerian singer, Tems has revealed how she almost lost confidence in her appearance due to distractions from producers while trying to focus on her music career.

In a conversation with YouTuber and content creator, Korty EO, Tems shared her experience of feeling pressured by the music industry's focus on her physique rather than her talent.

Tems, who recently performed her unreleased song on Tiny Desk from upcoming album, explained that her initial dislike for her body arose from her desire to be recognized for her music rather than her looks. She disclosed that her body often became a hindrance in her career, prompting her to switch from wearing cute outfits to baggy clothes to avoid unwanted attention from producers.

"I used to not always like my body. I just didn’t understand a lot of things. I was going to a lot of studios alone, meeting people I didn’t know and had never met. I would message people to ask them to teach me how to produce music for others," Tems recounted.

She further elaborated, "Because of my objective, which is just wanting to make music, if my being attractive is disturbing you and stopping me from achieving my goal, I am going to help you. So, when I go to the studio, I wear baggy clothes and I’m in my alpha mode because I want you to not be seduced by me."

The post See how Tems stopped producers from hitting on her body appeared first on NotjustOk.



from NotjustOk https://ift.tt/0oacNZG
via Music Blog NG

No comments:

Post a Comment