Smirnoff InfamousMix – Ep 4 Vol 1 (Guest: DJ Jimmy Jatt) - Music Blog NG

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Smirnoff InfamousMix – Ep 4 Vol 1 (Guest: DJ Jimmy Jatt)

It is another exciting segment of the Smirnoff Infamous Mix show with your favourite host, DJ Spinall.

In the last episode, we had Debo Adedayo, better known as Mr Macaroni, an Instagram skit maker and activist, who shed a bit of light on his career so far, and how the EndSars protest may have taken a toll on his career.

However, this week, DJ Spinall introduces his guest, whom he describes as a Legend, Oluwaforijimi “Jimmy” Adewale Amu, better known as DJ Jimmy Jatt. He is a Nigerian Disc Jockey, who is well respected as one of the pioneering hip hop DJs in the country.

Per usual, the show host, DJ Spinall engages his guest with a couple of questions during the course of the show. Here you go.

Do you ever get tired?

Once you have discovered what you love doing, you always look for ways to make it more interesting. Having people like You (Spinall) around me gives me that drive. I want people to know that DJing is more of a profession than a hobby.

How have you been able to pull through over the years?

I keep getting feedbacks that make me want to do it bigger.

Do you know how powerful you are?

There are times you are in certain situations and people don’t want to respect you. Those times, you have to be arrogant.

The 54-year-old disc jockey goes on to reveal that he has been to 6 out of the 7 continents in the world. Australia is the only one left, and that’s because of Covid.

As you travel around the world, what would you say is the one thing you have learned?

That’s a tough one. People are the same worldwide. I only see people with the eye of a DJ, so I feel like people are all the same.

At the time that you made ‘Stylee’, what was your line of thought?

I was being rebellious. I came into DJing from being an aspiring rap artist so I’m very hip-hop-influenced. I became mad at the level of acceptance of rap and wanted to create a balance and make it acceptable. I would pride myself and say I was the originator of pidgin rap, alongside Junior and pretty.

How do you like your cocktail?

I always trust the barman. Otherwise, I play safe and do long island.

From experience, what would you say is the biggest issue regarding contracts from artists to record labels?

Lack of respect for each other period. Greed as well.

In your opinion, what is the most insane record deal you’ve ever heard?

I have seen someone sign 10%.

Why have you never signed an artist?

To be honest, I actually have a record label, never signed an artist. I was close to signing but because of the issues…

What would you say is the reason for the unbalance in numbers?

I am an advocate for female empowerment, but the truth is that it is tougher to manage female artists. 

In your opinion, which of my records would you say is your all-time favourite?

Gbagbe e. “Spinall featuring Burna Boy”

Would you say international partnership guarantees the newbies a spot in the world?

I am yet to be convinced. All the people who have done it have already gotten somewhere from here first. I am not as excited about it.

The post Smirnoff InfamousMix – Ep 4 Vol 1 (Guest: DJ Jimmy Jatt) appeared first on tooXclusive.



from tooXclusive https://ift.tt/3f1RjDg
via Music Blog NG

No comments:

Post a Comment