Skiibii’s Career Was Not Hindered By Five Star Music – Kcee Says - Music Blog NG

Monday, April 8, 2019

Skiibii’s Career Was Not Hindered By Five Star Music – Kcee Says

Image result for kcee

Nigerian Singer, Kcee has come out to trash the notation that his record label, Five Star Music, prevented former signee Skiibii’s career from blossoming.

Skiibii was signed to Five Star Music on December 24, 2014, with an elaborate signing event where he received a brand new  2014 Hyundai SUV. The singer left the label in 2017 and took a break from the music industry.

However, after a brief hiatus, he released the track “Sensima” with Reekado Banks and this turned out to be a huge hit. His immediate success had everyone insinuating that his former record label thwarted his career from achieving greater heights. In a recent interview, Kcee shed more light on the topic, he revealed that he knew Skibii had huge potential since the first day he signed him. He stated that everyone their own time to shine which is why Skiibii is doing so well now. Kcee also revealed that he is proud of the singer and continues to encourage him.

In his words “Maybe you guys didn’t see his potential but I saw it from the first day I signed him. I invested so much in him because I knew he was good. Before he left us, I told him he would make it. Seeing him for the first time, I knew he didn’t need to do much to get to the top. All he needed was to be focused and he is now doing that.

It is wrong for people to say it was when he left Five Star Music that he started making hit songs. For me, I think it is about God’s time. Everyone has their own time to shine. Once it is your time, you will achieve great things. It is Skiibii’s time and I am happy for him. If you have been following me on social media, you will see that I have been celebrating him. He makes me proud and his success is my success. I believed in him even when he was looking down on himself. I kept telling him that his time would come. People are yet to see the best of him; he will shock everyone who has underrated him”

The CEO recently released his third album on the 5th of April, 2019 “Eastern Conference”  which is a compilation of high-life music – an old African genre of music that was rampant more in the 70’s and 80s. The album has received a positive reception since its release.

The post Skiibii’s Career Was Not Hindered By Five Star Music – Kcee Says appeared first on tooXclusive.



from tooXclusive http://bit.ly/2I7fa5b
via Music Blog NG

No comments:

Post a Comment